Recipe courtesy of Teeny LaMothe
prep time: 20 minutes
bake time: 40-50 minutes
total time: 1 hour 30 minutes
2 ½ cups fresh strawberries
2 ½ cups fresh rhubarb
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar
¼ cup quick-cooking tapioca
1 tbs lemon juice
1 batch of double crust pie dough
1. Preheat the over to 350 degrees with the rack in a middle position.
2. Rinse your rhubarb and strawberries. Hull and slice your strawberries and chop your rhubarb into smallish pieces. Toss the two fruits together and add the lemon juice.
3. Mix your sugars and quick-cooking tapioca together. Sprinkle over the fruit , mixing lightly with your hands or a spoon to make sure all the fruit is coated.
4. Roll out your bottom crust. Transfer to 9-inch-diameter pie dish, trim any excess dough but be sure to leave a 3/4 inch overhang. Spoon your strawberry rhubarb mixture into the crust. Roll out your top crust, place over the filling and tuck any excess dough under the bottom crust. Crimp decoratively, pressing to seal, and be sure to cut a few slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
5. bake for 40 - 50 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.
Graduate of The Culinary Institute of America
Certified Personal Chef
AngelFood Personal Chef Service and Catering Company
A division of Jewels Quelly Enterprises, LLC
Washington, New Jersey 07882
Get her free e-zine by signing up at Jewels' website! www.angelfoodpcs.com
Return to Recipe Index