Our New Studio in the David and Carol Lackland Center
WNTI is a member supported public radio station
providing non-commercial FM broadcast service for northern New Jersey and northeast Pennsylvania, with
area encompassing an estimated population of over 1 million people. WNTI supports the arts and cultural
richness of the region as well as Centenary College's
role of community service and outreach.
WNTI's programming format
is AAA (Adult Album Alternative) with a variety of specialty music, arts, and entertainment programs
on weeknights and weekends. WNTI also provides NPR news on the hour,
local news produced by Centenary College's journalism department and regional public affairs programming
through programs such as Contours. The dedicated staff is
committed to providing and creating a quality public radio service for the region. Our programming
is produced locally, regionally and nationally. National Public Radio (NPR) and independent producers
are the main source of national programs.
WNTI is licensed to and operated by Centenary College and first went on the air December 8, 1958. Studios are located on the first floor of the David and Carol Lackland Center on the campus of Centenary College in Hackettstown, NJ.
WNTI operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, broadcasting on 91.9 FM and also streaming live - online Listen
Live page. The transmitter is located in Independence Township in Warren County, New Jersey.
WNTI is member and underwriter supported with 75% of our funding coming
from private sources.
WNTI QUARTERLY ISSUES, PUBLIC AFFAIRS PROGRAMMING
4TH QUARTER 2012
WNTI airs a minimum of 3.5 hours per week specifically for public affairs/issues programs.
These specific programs are:
- “On The Media” Sundays 7:00am to 8:00am
- “Contours” Produced and Hosted by Melanie Thiel of WNTI Sundays 8:00am to 9:00am
- WNTI also broadcasts other shows that contain public affairs/issues content including:
- “E-Town” Wednesdays 9:00pm to 10:00pm
- WNTI airs award winning NPR newscasts live every hour Monday through Friday.
- WNTI airs the Warren County listings of events Wednesday through Saturday at 11:30am. This gives a sampling of the community events for Warren County, NJ.
- WNTI airs the Pocono Arts Council listing of events Wednesday through Saturday at 9:30am. This gives a sampling of community events for the Pocono, Pa. area.
- WNTI airs the Morris County Community Update listing if events Wednesday through Saturday at 2:30pm. This gives a sampling of the community events for Morris County, NJ.
Report filed by Melanie Thiel, Management/Development WNTI
December 31, 2012